Prompt Question #1: Through out my life I have had little close friendships but my most memorable were the friendships that I had with Dennis and Ariana. While in Middle School and High School my close boy friend was Dennis. He was always there for me, he was supportive, we would help each other with school work, we would always hang out, I could tell him anything, well almost anything, he didn't like it when I would talk about boys with him. During Elementary School, Middle School, and High School my closest girl friend was Ariana. She was the kind of friend that I could do anything with, we were so similar. Same age, gender, attitude, nationality, I could tell her anything. These two friendships varied because with Dennis, he always had a crush on me, I couldn't tell him about other boys because he would get jealous. The difference in gender made it hard for me to open up to him more. I feel like I behaved differently with different friends because of our difference in gender.
Thesis: In my opinion the thesis of this essay was that Tesich was able to be open with female friends and he could tell them about his feelings towards them but when it came to guy friends he couldn't. The way he would “tell” them about his feelings towards them was with actions. In his essay Tenish says “And just because I could never be sure they understood exactly how I felt about them, I was forced to look for ways to prove it.” Here he clearly states that he was keeping his feelings inside but the way he would prove that he loved his male friends was by actions. Everyone knows that “actions speak louder than words.”
You state very clear points. I can relate to you in that I act a lot differently towards boyfriends and girlfriends. Even further, sometimes I feel like I act differently in front of different people, just because of the ways certain personalities collide. I also like the way your post flows. Everything you said connects to one another and that makes this really nice to read!
ReplyDelete