Prompt Question #4: In my opinion I think that a student is completely responsible for the amount of alcohol he/she drinks. I feel like when someone reaches the age of 18, they are responsible for themselves. At this age teenagers go off to college and their parents are no there anymore to tell them what to do. This is when one needs to be responsible and know the consequence of drinking a lot. First of all they need to know that the minimum drinking age is 21, if they drinking before being 21 they are committing an illegal act. Before coming to college a teenager needs to know the consequences of drinking, they need to know it one, it is not good for your health, two they are responsible for themselves if they drink, friends are not going to babysit them. They need to be smart about their decision making. The steps I take to prevent what happened in the University of Colorado are that when I go out I don't drink, I tell my friends not to drink, and I act mature. I am responsible. Having fun sober, it's the best way to have fun.
Thesis: I believe the thesis of this essay is that the University of Colorado is beginning to realize that underage drinking is becoming a huge problem. The amount of deaths that are occurring around the school due to drinking are not okay. They have realize that the whole community needs to help out to solve this problem. "The community and the campus both have to admit they have a problem" "I think it's very important that they work together." These two theses support my statement because it is true, the community should solve this problem before teenagers die due to the affects of alcohol.
Students are completely responsible for themselves at the age of 18. If you are drinking under age and being stupid about it, that is your fault. Nobody is going to force alcohol down your throat. It is sad that two people have died at this school but it is also sad that them neglecting their responsibilities led to such a tragic event. A school can get involved but ultimately it is up to the student to take ownership of their actions.
ReplyDelete