Thursday, October 31, 2013
Chapter 5; "Vamos a Leer!"
Question #2: One photograph that I cherish and that symbolizes an accomplishment would be a picture that my mom took of me on my 5th grade graduation. This is means a lot to me because 5th grade was really difficult for me. Like the boy in the article, Carlos, I moved to America at a young age. I entered 5th grade not knowing a word of English. I really enjoyed reading this article because I love the fact that Ria had that desire to help kids that came to this country without knowing the language. No one can understand how hard and frustrating it is to not be able to express yourself or be like the other kid. I love how Jeanna Meier-Francisconi worked on the project Vamos a Leer. This is an amazing program, unlike all these kids I learned to speak English with the help on my teachers and the support of my parents. This graduation picture means a lot to me because it demonstrates what I accomplished and over came a huge obstacle. This picture motivates me to keep going, it shows that nothing is impossible you just need to work really hard to over reach your goals. Now that I look at that picture I see how far I have become, it makes me really proud of the huge improvement I have made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment