Friday, October 25, 2013

Making Connections

     One mix message that I've gotten since I arrive to college is that partying everyone weekend is the cool thing to do. Everyone does it so you feel like the right thing to do is to go out and party Friday and Saturday night. I feel like people do it because they don't want to be left out, they want to do the same thing that everyone is doing. Another thing that a lot of people do is drink and smoke. Therefore new people who come to school feel like they need to do those things in order to fit in. While is High School I didn't do any of these things. My main focus has always been doing well in school and doing something productive with my life. When I came to college I notice all these "mixed messages". I have lived my life a certain way and I was not about to change the way I was before. Even though all my friends go out and party during the weekends, I rather stay in and just relax. I have always been the kind of people who does their own thing. I am me and I'm not going to change the way I'm just for anyone. Maybe partying is the cool thing to do but I rather focus on what is really important, my education. I didn't come to school to be a follower, I came here to become a leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment