Prompt Question #2: I used to have a Facebook account but I deleted about a year and a half ago because it made me feel like I was putting too much information out there. At this moment the only personal website I have is Instagram. I've had this website for about a year now and I try to not make it very personal. I try to keep my personal information out of it. I have not posted a lot of personal information about myself on this site, the only personal information I have written on my bio is "Plattsburgh '17", which is the college I attend and my year of graduation.. [obviously]. I draw the line about what I make public in this website in the point where if I do not know you I will not accept your following request. When people comment on my pictures asking me where i'm from or age, I politely tell them that I do not know them and I do not wish to share information like that with them. Yeah some people get mad and call me conceited but I don't let it get to me because i'm going to protect myself no matter what. There have been many cases where girls get hurt or murdered due to them giving personal information online and I don't want that to happen to me. In my opinion one should be educated and know what its okay and not okay to put online.
Thesis: The thesis of this essay is that students write to much personal information on this social network and by doing so they are wrenching their futures. "Campus administrators, university police departments, admissions offices, parents and employers have begun to peruse Facebook in order to check up on students". These people use Facebook to do like a background check on students, and if students have personal information that could make them look bad,this could ruin their chances of going into a good college or getting a good job.
I agree that you should not put personal information on social media. Some people can be so naive about it because they think that nothing will happen. It's good that you're aware of consequences that can come with sharing certain information. It could ruin your future and nobody wants that because of a careless mistake.
ReplyDelete