Prompt Question #1: My senior year in High School I did feel like my life was "over scheduled". Since the beginning of my senior year I was really stressed out due to the fact that I wanted to do really well in school in order to come into college with good grades. During my senior year I worked at Dunkin Donuts and it was very difficult for me to manage my school work and my job. Even though I didn't need to have a job, I had one. Having a job made me feel responsible and independent. In order for me to have more unscheduled time I would do homework little at a time to have it done by the time it was due. Having so many responsibilities last year made me learn how to manage my time. Even though last year was stressful I earned and saved a lot of money and I also ended my senior year with a 98 GPA. Now that I'm in college I feel like I have more unscheduled time, yes I have a lot of homework and studying to do but I don't have a job at the moment so I'm less stressed out.
Thesis: The thesis of this article is that students used to be over working themselves. They would go to college and they would also have jobs to pay for college. "What no one can quite tell us is why students work so much." This quote from the article describes that students work a lot. They work to pay the high cost of tuition but why else. Why do they over work themselves? In the article says that some students work for "30 or 40 hours", in my opinion that's too much.
It is so true that once you have a job to balance out with school, you learn how to manage time. For all of my high school career I have had a job. It definitely got difficult at times but it's nice to feel responsible. I liked making money too because I don't like asking my parents for money. I also got involved with my school during sports seasons and when plays or musicals were going on. I was very busy but learned time management. I have a job in college now and with a bigger work load for school it can be a little overwhelming but it's all just another learning experience.
ReplyDelete